Mykonos Where to Stay: A Comprehensive Mykonos Accommodation Guide
The whitewashed buildings, gorgeous crystal clear waters, sandy beaches, and the quaint windy streets of the island capital known as Mykonos Town or the Mykonos Chora are some of the features that can make everybody fall in love with the Island of the Winds. Without a doubt, there is something for every taste and requirement, from party meccas and high-end shopping options to isolated coves that ensure peaceful moments by the sea. This only makes it even more difficult to decide where to stay in Mykonos. Below, we give you a breakdown of all travel accommodation options available to those visiting the Cycladic gem, so you find the one that suits your needs the most.
The amenities vary from one hotel to another, with several options being more budget-friendly than others. However, you can expect the usual stuff like a private bedroom and bathroom, climate control, Wi-Fi (paid, most of the times), a 24-hour front desk, room service, airport transfer, and more. More high-end hotels will also please you with luxury amenities like spas and fitness/wellness centres, among others.
- Comfortable and convenient types of lodging.
- Good array of amenities.
- Can find a room per your budget needs.
- Upscale niceties.
- Have to abide by hotel regulations.
- May need to tolerate noisy visitors.
- Not ideal if you want full cultural immersion.
Much favoured option among young, budget-conscious globetrotters. Although there are not many hostels available in Mykonos (the island is famed for its luxury lifestyle), there are still a few to stay.
- Feature some travel conveniences (i.e. Wi-Fi, laundry facilities, and rental computers).
- Social hubs to meet other international holidaymakers.
- Loud and noisy options.
- Expect frequent partying in the shared dorms and common areas.
- Not suited for those seeking full cultural immersion.
- Not guaranteed housekeeping services.
- Common places for theft.
Mykonos B&B / Guest Houses
They provide a more homey atmosphere than other travel accommodation options, with few guest rooms on premises and breakfast being part of the room rate.
- Housekeeping provided.
- Good chance for cultural immersion.
- Buildings usually reflect Cycladic culture, architecture, and history.
- Nice option for those in need of an authentic, more low-tech and quieter experience.
- Significant differences in cost and quality.
- Need to comply with house rules.
- Not a great option if you are looking for a party scene.
- Not full freedom to do as you please.
Mykonos Apartments / Private Rentals
With platforms like booking.com and Airbnb becoming increasingly popular among Greek hosts, you will find plenty of furnished apartments, condos or flats that can be leased for short-term rentals in Mykonos.
- Provide a sense of privacy and home.
- Usually more cost-effective for the long-term visitor than a private room in a B&B or guest house, or a hotel room.
- Good option for groups or families.
- Only provide the basics, from bedding and towels to kitchen appliances and supplies.
- Costly option for short visits (not great value for your money).
- Considerable variations in conditions.
- Guests will still need to do the cleaning (and possibly cooking) themselves.
These are exclusive holiday properties located in prestigious locations that offer a wealth of amenities and facilities for ultimate comfort, and an experience that combines sheer beauty, a traditional flair, service excellence, an outstanding location, and palatial, contemporary design with Cycladic touches.
- Spacious, elegant areas (from bedrooms to entertainment areas).
- All modern amenities and comforts (i.e. infinity pool, BBQ areas).
- Stylish living spaces appointed with custom-carved stone to blend with the natural environment harmoniously.
- Fully equipped kitchens.
- Superb sea views.
- Housekeeping services and elite concierge services on call (i.e. private chef, nanny, butler, personal trainer, and/or driver- even VIP access to parties and dining facilities).
- Proximity to the desired location (i.e. popular beaches or nightlife).
- Privacy and freedom to live the days as you please.
- Great option for families and groups of friends that need their personal space.
- Not good option for budget-conscious travellers.
Need help choosing the most suitable Mykonos deluxe villa to accommodate all of your needs? Contact us, and our expert holiday planners will help you pick the elite property that meets your demands to the fullest.