Welcome to the enchanting island of Paros, nestled in the heart of the Cyclades in Greece. With its pristine beaches, charming whitewashed villages, blue-domed churches, and vibrant culture, Paros is a perfect destination for travellers seeking a memorable Greek getaway. Before embarking on your journey, one important decision awaits you: Where to stay in Paros?
Choosing the right place to stay can significantly enhance your Paros experience, whether you are looking for nightlife entertainment, family-friendly activities, or a tranquil retreat. In this guide, we will walk you through the best areas to stay on the island, helping you make an informed decision that aligns with your travel preferences. We will not only introduce you to the top areas in Paros, though, but also provide you with local insights, unique accommodations, and practical advice to ensure your stay in Paros is nothing short of spectacular.
Whether you are a first-time visitor, wanting to explore Paros’ hidden gems or a seasoned traveller desiring a perfect spot with the magnetic appeal of a Greek island to unwind, we’ve got you covered. You will soon realise that Paros is, indeed, a magical destination to include in your next Greek adventure.
Table of Contents
- Best places to Stay in Paros
- Where to Stay in Paros for Nightlife & Entertainment
- What Area to Stay in Paros For Families
- Where to Stay in Paros Without a Car
- What Area to Stay in Paros for a Relaxing Getaway
- Best Places to Stay in Paros for Authentic Experiences
- Where to Stay in Paros for Exploring the Island
- Where is the best place to stay in Paros for Local events and festivals
- Where is the best place to stay in Paros for Easy Transportation
- Where is the best place to stay in Paros for Shopping
- Exploring Antiparos – A Hidden Gem Near Paros
- Unique Accommodation Options
- Local Tips & Insights
- Final Thoughts
- Infographic – Where to stay in Paros
- FAQ about staying in Paros
Best places to Stay in Paros
Paros is a diverse island, offering a range of unique experiences depending on where you choose to stay. To help you make this choice, the table below summarises the best areas to stay in Paros, who they are ideal for, and their main highlights. Please note that in subsequent sections, we will further expand on each of these areas in detail, providing insights into what makes them special based on travellers’ interests and preferences.
|Chrisi Akti (Golden Beach)||
In the following parts of this guide, your Paros venture will be fully covered, whether you are dreaming of romantic sunsets in Naoussa or a cultural immersion in Parikia (and everything in between).
In the following parts of this guide, your Paros venture will be fully covered, whether you are dreaming of romantic sunsets in Naoussa or a cultural immersion in Parikia (and everything in between).
Where to Stay in Paros for Nightlife & Entertainment
Paros offers an animated nightlife scene that caters to a wide range of tastes, from laid-back beach bars and cosy tavernas to lively clubs, which boost any evening endeavour. Our team of Paros experts recommend the following top areas in Paros for that matter:
The capital city comes alive at night with numerous bars and tavernas lining the waterfront. You can sip cocktails while watching the sunset or dance the night away at some of the town’s clubs. Among the most popular options are Cantina del Mar, a beachfront bar known for its relaxed atmosphere and great cocktails. It is also an ideal sunset-watching spot in Paros. You may also head to the following:
- Pirate Bar – Located in the heart of Parikia, it offers a wide variety of cocktails and a lively atmosphere. No wonder it is a favourite among locals and tourists alike.
- True22 Bar – If you are looking for a vibrant nightlife experience, True22 Bar is a top choice. It’s known for its music, dancing, and a friendly crowd.
- Chapters Bar – This alternative bar is perfect for those who appreciate cheap drinks and specials.
- Booze ‘n Tales Bar – A classic bar with a relaxed vibe. It is an excellent place to unwind with a delicious drink and fabulous sea views after a day exploring Parikia.
- Splash Bar Paros – A lovely venue right on the beachfront, with happy hours, delicious cocktails, excellent food options, tasty coffee, and attentive staff.
Known for its bustling nightlife, Naoussa is the go-to place for people taking delight in vibrant evenings. The harbour area is packed with bars and clubs, making it a hotspot for party enthusiasts.
Among the most notable venues in this area is Barbarossa. Located right on the picturesque Naoussa harbour, it offers a stunning view of the sunset, a great cocktail menu, and a relaxed ambiance. Candy Bar and Maroon Paros are other trendy and lively spots to visit with a modern interior, DJ music, and creative drinks.
Equally popular are Sigi Ikthios (more upscale experiences), Fouska Beach Bar (located on Piperi Beach), and Sante Cocktail Bar (extensive selection of Greek wines).
This area is renowned for its beach clubs and seafront parties, making it a top choice for night owls. Dance to the latest beats under the stars or enjoy themed parties on the sandy shores. Of course, Punda Beach Club is the epicentre of all action here, offering a relaxing place with sunbeds and a beach bar. At night, it transforms into a lively club with themed parties, DJs, and a young, energetic crowd.
Paros Park and Monastiri Paros Island are yet two more places to visit in this area, with lounge music, a great selection of white wines, and heart-stopping seascapes. Occasionally, Paros Park hosts performances, concerts, and various cultural and special events. Finally, don’t be surprised if you stumble upon a traditional Greek night. These are hosted in various Paros villages, Punda included, and include live music, dancing, delicious Greek cuisine, and lots of fun.
What Area to Stay in Paros For Families
Paros is a fantastic destination for families. Expect to be welcomed with an inviting atmosphere, safe environment, and a variety of family-friendly activities. Here are the best areas to consider for a family stay in Paros:
- Parikia – Besides a family-friendly beach with calm waters (ideal for young swimmers), the town also has several parks and playgrounds where kids can have fun and make new friends. You may also want to visit the Archaeological Museum of Paros and the Panagia Ekatontapiliani church, where the little ones can learn about history in an engaging way.
- Naoussa – It offers lovely sandy shores, such as Kolymbithres, where you can all relax and play. Older children and teenagers can enjoy water sports like snorkelling, paddle boarding and windsurfing. The town is also home to multiple restaurants that line the idyllic waterfront serving kid-friendly options.
- Piso Livadi – It provides a peaceful environment, perfect for families looking to unwind. While here, you could consider taking a boat trip from the small port to nearby islands for a family adventure.
- Alyki (or Aliki) – Alyki greets families with shallow waters, sandy beaches, and a safe and enjoyable experience for both children and parents alike. You will also find several tavernas serving traditional Greek flavours and palate-pleasing seafood and fresh fish options.
- Golden Beach – Older children can try their hand at SUP and other watersports, while younger ones can build sandcastles on the long, sugary stretch of sand. Also referred to as Chrisi Akti, this area is dotted with some of the most luxurious villas with family-oriented amenities, as well as pet-friendly options.
- Ambelas – One of the most elite locations on Paros, it provides a more secluded and peaceful setting for families in need of relaxation. Although there are several local tavernas nearby that serve mouth-watering dishes, you can also enjoy Greek cuisine at your private villa. A personal chef can work their magic to pamper your taste buds.
Where to Stay in Paros Without a Car
For travellers who prefer not to rent a car during their stay in Paros, certain regions are particularly well-suited for exploration on foot or by using public transportation. Some of the top choices include Parikia, as it is the main port town of Paros, which makes it a convenient choice if you arrive by ferry. Feel free to wander around and do some sightseeing as everything is within an arm’s reach or rent an elegant villa at nearby Parasporos for an even quieter environment that is easy to walk through.
Naoussa is also a compact town with charming narrow alleys, which are easy to stroll through on foot. Most attractions, restaurants, and shops are within walking distance. Or you might want to stay at Lefkes. The delightful inland village serves as a peaceful retreat and is a great place for hiking and enjoying the countryside.
For the same reasons (easy navigation on foot or bicycle), you may also consider the Piso Livadi area, Aliki village, and the scenic Antiparos Island just a short boat ride away from Paros.
All these destinations can be admired without the need for a car rental. You can explore the surroundings, visit local sights, dine at authentic tavernas, and soak up some warm Mediterranean sun on the sugary beaches at your own pace.
What Area to Stay in Paros for a Relaxing Getaway
If your idea of a perfect vacation in Paros involves tranquillity, picturesque scenery, and a slower pace, Aliki is one of our top recommendations. It is a serene coastal village with a calm atmosphere and perfect for travellers preferring a quiet beach escape. Besides the seaside bliss of Aliki, you could also try Drios, another peaceful village lining the waterfront, where you can unwind by the sea, savour fresh seafood, and take delight in a calm ambiance.
Other options to go through are:
- Ambelas – A charming fishing village known for its simplicity and authenticity. It is a fabulous area to experience the Greek island lifestyle.
- Lefkes – It might not be a coastal region, but it offers a serene getaway in the island’s interior. You can explore the winding streets, visit old churches, and find your inner balance in its peaceful setting.
- Marpissa – It’s a traditional village with beautiful Cycladic architecture and laid-back atmosphere. You may relax in a local cafe, chat with the lively locals, admire the architecture, or stroll through its cobblestone paths.
- Alyki Beach – You will find it near the village of Alyki. It is a peaceful spot for sojourn and unwinding by the sea while soaking up the sun in total bliss and quietness.
- Chrisi Akti – Known for its golden sands and crystalline waters, it is an excellent place for a leisurely day by the beach and basking in the sun.
- Piso Livadi – Here, you can dine by the Aegean Sea, take leisurely walks, and take in Greek island vibes to fill your soul with what a vacation should all be about – utmost relaxation and rejuvenation on all levels.
Best Places to Stay in Paros for Authentic Experiences
Much ink is spilled trying to convince people that a certain region around the world offers authentic experiences. But, what does this really mean? Many travellers are wondering where is the best area to stay in Paros, Greece to experience the most genuine Greek island vacation possible.
What exactly is a Paros authentic experience?
Let’s break down what constitutes an authentic Paros experience. In simple terms, it is about immersing yourself in the island’s rich culture, embracing the slow-paced island lifestyle, and connecting with its welcoming locals. It is about wandering through charming villages with cobbled streets, where bougainvillaea-draped houses and traditional tavernas await around every corner.
It is savouring freshly caught seafood at a seaside taverna, enjoying the warmth of Greek hospitality, and listening to the tales of local fishermen. It is exploring historic churches, archaeological sites, and centuries-old windmills that whisper the island’s storied past.
Authenticity in Paros means sipping on local wine at a family-run winery, discovering hidden coves with crystal-clear waters, and feeling the heartbeat of the island in its serene and rustic villages. It’s the kind of experience that leaves an indelible mark, drawing you back to Paros time and time again.
Where to stay in Paros for authentic escapades
To get a taste of all that, we suggest Prodromos, a small inland village where you can savour handmade dishes in local tavernas, experience traditional Greek hospitality, and a carefree atmosphere.
Marpissa and Ampelas are equally gratifying options. The first, is a preserved mediaeval village with a timeless charm, where you can discover its cultural heritage, including iconic whitewashed churches. The latter, enthrals with its rustic feel.
To witness the daily life of fishermen and spoil yourself with fresh seafood at local tavernas, Aliki is a great option, while the Old Town of Parikia will give you a glimpse into Paros’ past via its historical sites, including the Church with the 100 Doors (Panagia Ekatontapiliani church). Now if you are interested in nature, then Paros Park is a must-visit. It is a protected area with historic sites, breathtaking views of the shimmering Aegean Sea, and lovely hiking trails.
These are, of course, just some of the places that will help you forge a deeper connection with Paros. You can communicate your specific needs with our experienced and friendly Customer Support team and help you find the best accommodation option and concierge services to turn your dreams and desires into a tangible reality for you, according to your specific needs and requirements.
Where to Stay in Paros for Exploring the Island
While the allure of your exclusive villa may be hard to resist, Paros offers a world of exploration waiting just beyond your doorstep. Whether you are a history buff, an adventure seeker, or a culture enthusiast, Paros has something to captivate your every sense. Here are some of the options that open up to visitors that want to go the extra mile.
Paros boasts a rich history, and you can dive into its heritage by wandering through ancient sites and landmarks. A visit to the archaeological site of Despotiko, a small uninhabited island adjacent to Paros, with its impressive temple ruins, takes you back to the times of ancient Greece.
The best location for easy reach is Parikia, especially if you want to travel by ferry. Otherwise, any location with a marina will do, provided that you have a private yacht at your disposal. While at Parikia, you may also want to pay your tributes to the byzantine-era marvel of Panagia Ekatontapiliani church.
Adventure is Right Around the Corner
For visitors with a taste of adventure, Paros delivers thrills aplenty. Watersports enthusiasts will find themselves in paradise with activities like kiteboarding, fishing, and windsurfing. Scuba diving aficionados can take a dip onto the vibrant underwater world surrounding the island. Some of the most favoured sites for scuba divers are Bubble Reef, Mermaid’s Cave, and Faros.
Hikers can traverse scenic trails, such as the Byzantine Road, a hiking trail that connects Lefkes to Prodromos offering magnetic views of the landscape. Places such as Pounda, Chrisi Akti, Naoussa, Parikia and Aliki are among the best places to stay in Paros, Greece for adrenaline seekers.
Paros is a hub of culture, and you can discover its artistic side in various ways. The Folklore Art Museum in Lefkes showcases the island’s traditional crafts and customs. Engage with local artisans and admire their creations in quaint workshops and galleries scattered throughout the island. Other than that, a visit to the Byzantine Museum (Parikia), Archaeological Museum (Parikia), Wine Museum (Naoussa), Sculpture Museum (Marpissa), and/or the Skorpios Folklore Museum (Aliki) will definitely reward you generously.
Venture beyond your villa to explore the charming villages of Paros. Lefkes, tucked in the heart of the island, is a picture-perfect mountain village with panoramic vistas and scenic, cobbled streets lined with chalky-white, cubic-shaped houses and flower-adorned balconies. Known for its lively nightlife and harbour, Naoussa offers a blend of traditional and modern experiences.
Paros’ culinary scene is a journey in itself, Savour mouthwatering Greek cuisine at tavernas in the island’s villages and don’t forget to sample local specialties like bakes chickpeas in a clay pot, rice with sweet zucchini, artichokes with broad beans, and kalfas with garlic!
If you are looking for recommendations at this point, we strongly suggest venues like Zazala Beach (Parikia), Monastiri (Parikia), Soso Restaurant (Naoussa), and Katsounas Fish Tavern (Santa Maria Beach), although pinpointing just a few of the places for exceptional local dining experiences is definitely a challenge.
Foodies may also attend cooking classes and discover secrets of Greek gastronomy. This can be an open/public cooking lesson or a private one at the comfort of your stylish Paros villa, delivered by expert chefs.
Paros’ strategic location in the Cyclades archipelago makes it an ideal base for island-hopping adventures. Arrange day trips to nearby islands like Antiparos, where you can explore enchanting caves and pristine beaches. Or you may choose one of the exquisite Antiparos villas in KingLike’s collection and explore this treasure trove that Antiparos really is at your own pace.
Where is the best place to stay in Paros for Local events and festivals
Parikia is a hub for cultural events and festivals. In the summer months, you can experience the Paros Festival, featuring music performances, art exhibitions, and dance shows. The town also hosts traditional Greek nights with live music, dancing, and authentic cuisine.
Naoussa and Piso Livadi are equally great options. The waterfront of Naoussa comes alive during the Fishermen’s Festival, usually held in July. It is a celebration of the town’s fishing heritage with delicious seafood, live music, and a vibrant atmosphere. Additionally, Naoussa is home to local art exhibitions showcasing the works of talented island artists.
As for Piso Livadi, you can partake in the Feast of the Assumption of the Virgin Mary, celebrated on August 15. The event includes a religious procession, live music, and traditional Greek dancing.
Where is the best place to stay in Paros for Easy Transportation
Parikia offers excellent transportation connections. Ferries from Athens and nearby islands arrive here, making it a convenient entry point to Paros. From Parikia, you can easily access other parts of the island.
Pounda, on the other hand, is close to the Pounda Port, where ferries depart for Antiparos. If you plan to visit the charming island as part of your trip, Pounda provides easy access to the ferry terminal. Of course, you can arrange private transfers of chauffeur services through Kinglike to explore the island at your convenience, with no location restrictions whatsoever.
Where is the best place to stay in Paros for Shopping
The bustling streets of Parikia are adorned with idyllic shops and boutiques. Here, you can find a plethora of souvenirs, from handmade crafts to locally crafted jewellery. Don’t forget to explore the Parikia Market, where you can immerse yourself in the island’s vibrant atmosphere and discover unique treasures.
Naoussa is once again a popular hub for shopping expeditions. Its picturesque alleys are ideal for shopping enthusiasts. From boutique stores offering stylish clothing to artisanal products, the alleys of the town are full of Parian keepsakes.
Exploring Antiparos – A Hidden Gem Near Paros
Just a stone’s throw away from Paros lies a hypnotising small island waiting to unveil its natural beauties and charm – Antiparos. While Paros boasts its own unique appeal and authentic vibes, a visit to Antiparos can add a delightful layer to your Greek island experience.
One of the most pleasing aspects of Antiparos is its accessibility from Paros. Regular ferry services operate between Parikia and Antiparos. The short boat ride (can also be a private yacht cruise), which typically takes around 30 minutes, offers stunning views of the glistering and crystalline waters of the Aegean Sea and makes Antiparos an easy day trip or even a half-day escape.
Besides its idyllic sugary shores, such as the serene Soros Beach on the southwestern side of the island, and the more lively and cosmopolitan Psaraliki beach, Antiparos has lots more to offer. One of the attractions here that pique the interest of any traveller are the Antiparos Spilia (Cave), which is adorned with stunning stalactites and stalagmites, creating a subterranean wonderland that has fascinated visitors for centuries.
With luxury villas in Antiparos island in our elite portfolio, you may choose to spend a few days of your Paros vacation in Antiparos and experience the relaxed ambiance, enjoy leisurely strolls along narrow alleys lined with whitewashed buildings and traditional tavernas, and feel the slower rhythm of life here transforming your days, allowing you to truly unwind and find your zen.
Unique Accommodation Options
Paros is not just about beautiful beaches and scenic landscapes; it’s also a paradise for those wanting the ultimate in luxury and relaxation. Discerning travellers can find their island oasis through a plethora of exquisite Paros luxury villas in KingLike’s collection that redefine the concept of opulence.
Stunning Seaside Retreats
Imagine waking up to the gentle sound of the waves lapping at your doorstep. At Kinglike, you will find a range of luxurious seaside and hillside mansions, where you can step directly onto golden sands or relax by the infinity pool overlooking the Aegean Sea. The properties have been specifically designed to provide an unparalleled level of privacy and serenity, making them perfect for couples seeking a romantic escape or families yearning for quality time together.
Paros is known for its captivating architecture. The exclusive units in our Paros portfolio could not have been an exception! Epitomising traditional Cycladic style, they are opulent accommodations that blend seamlessly with the island’s vibe and natural landscape, featuring whitewashed exteriors, minimalist decor, and charming blue accents. These masterpieces of modern comfort mix timeless elegance with refined luxury in the most captivating way.
The chic villas hosted in our Paros collection spare no expense when it comes to amenities. From private gyms and wellness areas to fully equipped kitchens and home theatres, these high-end properties cater to your most demanding need. You can even rent a villa with in-house housekeepers and personal chefs, ready to craft delectable Mediterranean feasts for your enjoyment.
What truly sets Paros’ luxury villas apart is the personalised experience they offer. Dedicated concierge services can arrange everything from private yacht charters to exclusive wine tastings at local vineyards, private spa treatments, or private helicopter rides. The full range of your desires is addressed and gratified via the Kinglike Concierge services; have no doubt about that.
One of the highlights of Paros’ luxury villas is their prime locations for witnessing the most staggering seascapes and sunset views. Picture yourself sipping champagne on your private terrace as the sun dips below the horizon, casting hues of orange and pink across the sea – a memory you will cherish forever. We are talking about an ode to “Greek island living” here, through properties designed to spoil you in every occasion, be it a honeymoon, a family reunion, or simply seeking a lavish getaway.
Local Tips & Insights
Besides knowing where is the best place to stay in Paros, Greece, one of the most ideal ways to truly experience Paros is by tapping into the wisdom of the locals. Our team has gathered the most valuable insights and tips from their interaction with the local community for decades and provides this concise guide for you for once-in-a-lifetime Paros vacations.
- Go with the (slower) flow – Paros has a relaxed vibe, and it is best enjoyed by slowing down. Take unrushed walks through charming villages, sip local wines, and savour your meals. The island’s unhurried atmosphere is part of its charm.
- Try local dishes – Don’t leave Paros without trying some of its culinary gifts. Treat your palate with flavours like “Mirmizelli” (traditional Paros pasta), “Ladenia” (tomamo and opinion pie), “Salatouri” (a fish dish), and “Kopanisti” (a local cheese).
- Explore more remote and unknown beaches – While the famous shores are absolutely amazing, Paros is also home to out-of-sight coves and less crowded beaches. Ask locals (or our Guest Support Team) for recommendations on where to find these precious spots for a quieter and more intimate beach experience.
- Attend a traditional festival – If your visit coincides with a local festival or religious celebration, don’t miss the chance to participate. These events offer a glimpse into the island’s culture, offering lots of traditional music, dance, and feasts that go on until the early morning hours most of the time!
- Engage with the community – Paros has a tight-knit community, and interacting with the joyful and friendly locals can enhance your endeavour. Feel free to join conversations at local cafes, visit family-run businesses, and learn about the island’s history and traditions from those who call it home.
- Respect the environment – Paros is known for its natural beauty, so it’s essential to be mindful of the environment. Kindly dispose of trash responsibly, follow hiking trail guidelines, and support eco-friendly initiatives whenever possible so this slice of paradise remains as such for the next generations to come.
- Feel the oneness – As the sun slides behind the horizon, painting the whitewashed edifices of the bougainvillaea-filled balconies of the whitewashed houses, a unique sense of oneness overpowers the moment. During those few minutes before the sun dips below the Aegean Sea, allow yourself to feel how truly a part of this amazing world you are. Spots on the western coast of Paros offer perhaps the most panoramic and jaw-dropping sunsets to watch.
- Be open to island time – Paros operates on its schedule, often referred to as “Greek time”. Embrace this relaxed approach, and don’t be surprised if things don’t always run on a strict timetable.
Paros is a captivating destination in the Mediterranean sitting in the heart of the iconic Cyclades, offering a myriad of experiences for travellers of all kinds. Whether you are drawn to historical sites, water sports, authentic Greek ventures, or simply lounging on pristine beaches, Paros delivers. And don’t forget to include a visit to the bewildering Antiparos island in your itinerary for a truly unique island-hopping adventure. Remember to embrace the slow pace of island life, savour local delicacies, and engage with the warm-hearted locals for a 360 experience! Enjoy your stay!
Infographic – Where to stay in Paros
FAQs about staying in Paros
Q: What is the best time to visit Paros?
A: The best time for a Paros escape depends on your preferences. The months of June to September are ideal for beach lovers and water sports enthusiasts, with warm and sunny weather. Spring and early autumn offer pleasant weather for exploring and lower crowds, while winter is perfect for a quiet getaway, although some businesses may be closed.
Q: How can I get to Antiparos from Paros?
A: You can easily reach Antiparos by taking a short ferry ride from the main port of Parikia. Or you could have us arrange a private yacht cruise or helicopter ride for you.
Q: What area to stay in Paros for family vacations?
A: Paros is a fantastic destination for families. It offers family-friendly beaches, parks, historical sites, and a safe environment. The areas of Parikia, Naoussa, Piso Livadi, Alyki, and Golden Beach (Chrisi Akti) are particularly well-suited for families.
Q: Are there eco-friendly activities in Paros?
A: Paros provides various eco-friendly opportunities, including hiking, exploring nature reserves, and participating in eco-tours. Engaging with local initiatives and supporting eco-friendly businesses can contribute to a sustainable visit.
Q: Where to stay in Paros Island, Greece, for nightlife?
A: Paros has a diverse night scene. Parikia and Naoussa are known for their animated nightlife, with many bars and clubs. Other areas like Pounda offer vibrant beachfront parties, while Chrisi Akti (Golden Beach) provides a more relaxed evening experience.